I had planned on publishing this post on New Years day but I guess the Lord wanted me to take a break from the Internet for a few days. Our computer had a virus that caused our Internet provider to shut us down until we deleted the virus. So, here I am, a few days after the first of the year posting my New Years goals. I am actually glad this happened because it reminds me that even though I make plans, God’s plans are better than my own and I need to stay flexible.
If you read My Year in Review you will know that I had an eventful 2010. As I set my goals for 2011 I expect an equally eventful year. I have divided my goals into different categories and there is a lot to my list. So, it’s very possible I may not get all or even half of the things I want done this year. But, that’s OK. I will try my best and not stress about it.
So here we go…
Spiritual and Educational
Christian Reading Book List
I am not a big reader so reading 7 books this year will be a challenge.
- Read 5 Christian Books – These are all books we had on our bookshelf but haven never read.
- The Sacred Romance
- Knowing God
- Jesus, the One and Only
- Under God
- Refuting Compromise
- Daily Devotional Book List
- Faith Dare (30 days) – I did this last year and loved it so much I decided to do it again.
- Not sure yet. Any suggestions ?
- Read at least 2 fiction or non-spiritual educational books. I started both of these books last year and never finished them. So, I will have to start them again.
- Israel My Beloved
- I Am The Great Horse
- Make a conscious effort in becoming a sacrificial giver of my time, prayers and resources.
- Horseback ride at least 2 times a month in cold weather and once a week in warm weather.
- Set up walking routine with neighbors.
- Make 2 new non-food homemade projects a month.
- Learn some new organization skills.I know this is very vague. I need a lot of help in this area.
- Make some home decor plans.
- Clean out and organize garage .This is going to be a huge project.
- Start a house cleaning routine and stick to it. Another area I need lots of help in.
- Keep my desk space clean.
- Create a regular budget and stick to it.
- Give more.
- Plan out son’s English assignments every Tuesday night. My son attends a charter school and most of his work is planned out for him except English.
- Be consistent with lesson planning for daughter in Kindergarten.
- Use my homeschool planner .I got this great planner this school year but don’t use it very often.
Healthy Eating and Cooking
- Start regular meal planning.
- Serve one fermented or cultured dish at least once a day.
- Learn to make sourdough bread.
- Make healthy snacks, treats and breakfast foods regularly.
- Serve wild fish once a week.
- Preserve (canning and drying) garden harvest and other fruits and veggies.
- I have a list of other goals for healthy eating and cooking on my goals post.
Homesteading, Gardening and Mini- Farming
- Expand garden area and add fencing.
- Attend monthly garden club meeting.
- Plan fruit trees, berries and grape vines.
- Start proper compost pile.
- Start vermiculture composting
- Start mealworm farm – for chickens.
- Finish goat pasture and horse pasture.
- Incubate eggs for replacement layers and meat chickens.
- Build proper nesting boxes and housing for chickens.
Healthy Homesteading Blog
- Learn about healthy living and share it with others.
So that’s it. Only a couple of things…haha. Sometimes I am a dreamer but a dreamer can’t help but being a dreamer . Do you have any goals for 2011 you would like to share? Please comment with a link to your goals post or leave a comment with your list of your goals. I would love to read them